Some of these are for fun, but many are informative.
They are in no particular order. New ones will be added as found.
- “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN” Movie extract showing Pan Am flight attendants walking into airport with Abagnale (Video)
- “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN” FRANK ABAGNALE’S TRUE LIFE STORY (LECTURE)
- EXPEDIA AIRLINE ETIQUETTE STUDY (Seat Kickers most hated)
- HISTORY OF THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Video)
- LADY GRACE DRUMMOND HAY (Round the world by Zeppelin in 1929!)
- HINDENBURG DISASTER (1937)
- Death of an American dream–History of Pan Am
- THE FLYING YEARS—Aviation History –
Full documentary (from old UK perspective)
- San Francisco Asiana Crash–foam-covered girl run over twice by fire truck. Shows how dangerous it can be outside the aircraft after an emergency evacuation and why captains may hesitate to order one. The girl was possibly ejected when the aircraft crash landed because she was not secured by her seat belt.
- FORUM Aviation Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for aircraft pilots, mechanics, and enthusiasts. It’s 100% free, no registration required.
- BE FIT TO EVACUATE Interesting and provocative article saying slender fit men have the best prospects in an evacuation.
- A truly remarkable moving panoramic view of the A380 cockpit
- Aerodynamics Index (NASA Glenn Research Center)
This is an amazingly comprehensive online site entitled Beginner’s Guide to Aerodynamics. Although described as being for beginners, they mean dedicated students. Perhaps conscious of this, a means of accessing the site according to one’s knowledge level has now been incorporated.
- Air Transport World: ATW
Trade magazine for the aviation industry, with daily news on website and via email. Based in Maryland, USA, with offices around the world. Even has a section in Chinese.
Exceptionally clean website: http://www.atwonline.com/
- AIRLINE CODES
also has websites (links) for 959 airlines
- BA 777 Las Vegas — Passengers evacuated with luggage — lucky aircraft half full